Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back to Juneau, and Erin!


We're back in rainy Juneau, back with Erin.

We're staying at the cutest and quirkiest Best Westerns I've ever seen. It looks like a private inn, and it's full of character. For example, when you walk into Beth's and my room, you enter through the bathroom. My parents room has the bathroom within their room, no separation. Both rooms do have a private tiny room for the latrine itself.

Our ride here was gorgeous, over mountains poking their heads out above the clouds. The beauty of this state seems endless.

It is dark, actually night time dark, for the first time in a long time. That's partly due to the intense cloud cover (landed in fog) and partly due to being much father south than Denali. I was disappointed that it rained both nights we were in Denali, so I couldn't get pictures of the actual midnight sun.

No comments: